Liverpool Learning Partnership is pleased to announce that we are a Year of Engineering partner and we’re looking forward to helping Liverpool children and their parents understand more about engineering.
The Year of Engineering is a government campaign which celebrates the world and wonder of engineering. From spaceships to ice skates, the bubbles in chocolate bars to lifesaving cancer treatment, engineering touches every part of our lives. Working in engineering is exciting, rewarding and creative. We need the next generation of innovators and problem solvers to join the industry and help shape the future of the world we live in.
Ways To Get Your School Involved In The Year of Engineering
- Take a look at the teacher resources and lesson plans available on the Year of Engineering website
- Look at the opportunities for connecting with organisations and engineers on the Connect and Cultivate section of the Year of Engineering website
- Use children’s books as a way of promoting engineering and STEM-related hobbies to young children
- Sign up for our Dragons’ Den competition where schools are invited to submit an invention or design that uses maths
- Look out for engineering based activities in the teacher resource bank for Maths Party Day
Find out what else is happening as part of the Year of Engineering, visit yearofengineering.gov.uk or search #YoE on Twitter.